HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! Hope you all had a great week and are looking forward to the weekend…I know I sure am! Here’s a quick recap of what we’ve been up too lately. Enjoy!
1. Frosh Orientation 2015: Wrapped up Frosh Orientation 2015 on August 12th with our 9th and final sessions! It was a really looooong/crazy/stressful summer, but we made it! I couldn’t have asked to work with better ladies than Sara (my boss), Luna & Brittany (AARS staff). They were just fabulous! LOVED all of the other OL’s. They did a tremendous job and I’m so proud of each and every one of them! Go Spartans! 👌🏻💙💛
2. Wedding in SoCal: Headed down the OC to see Chris’ mom and then go to a friends wedding on Saturday 8.15.15 in San Diego. We had a blast at Dina & Johns wedding even in all the heat. It was so much fun to celebrate with them and see some of our other friends. ❤ ❤ I must say the sparkler send off was a huge hit and made for some really cool pictures! It was a fun, but way too short of a weekend. Until next time OC!
3. First Day of Classes: Happy 1st Day of Fall Semester 2015 at SJSU! A co-worker and I both brought in donuts for a much needed special first day treat! 8.20.15 Gooooooo SPARTANS! 👌🏻💙💛
4. Backyard Reno Part 2: Last Saturday we picked up a bunch of sod (28 pieces and only in two trips) and laid it all down. Dang those pieces of sod are HEAVY! I couldn’t even lift one! Poor hubby had to do all the heavy lifting. I think the lawn turned out pretty well…we’ll see how long we can actually keep it green. Chris took a sweet time lapse video of us laying down all the sod. So fun to see all our hard work come together so quickly (don’t you just love technology?). We still plan to plant some of our potted plants in the ground, but will take a little break from the backyard reno. I can’t thank my hubby enough for taking his time in doing all the calculations and all the heavy lifting! 😀 ;D
5. Bestie Breakfast: On Sunday I had breakfast with my childhood best friend Ann and her oh so sweet baby Olivia at Alana’s Cafe. I just love that girl to pieces. She loved my necklace and is always so well behaved. Makes for getting together really fun and easy!
6. Emma: It was a rough weekend for our sweet pup Emma. Poor girl actually ended up having surgery on Monday 8.24.15 to remove a bunch of stones from her bladder. This is the second time Emma has needed surgery to remove stones from her bladder and thankfully everything went smoothly. Back in 2012 we almost lost our girl due to anesthesia complications during surgery. THANK GOD that didn’t happen this time! We were both sooooo worried/nervous/scared about the thought of even doing surgery. We felt so RELIEVED that all was OK this time around. When I picked her up Monday afternoon I got to see the stones in her bladder and OMG those suckers were HUGE! So glad to have Emma back at home and on the mend. She will have to be on a special diet for the rest of her life that will hopefully prevent the growth of stones in her bladder. We really don’t want to do another surgery! Crossing our fingers that the diet helps and she will have a clean bill of health!
Dash was so worried about his big sister. I think he knew that something was up with her and just seemed so concerned. When we got home and got Emma settled, Chris got this great picture of them. I just love it! Dash is totally looking after his big sister. He always gives her kisses while she wears the cone and lays right next to her. Melts my heart! Our dogs are truly a part of our family and are like our kids! We LOVE them dearly and would do anything for them! We feel so lucky to have such sweet, loving, and personality filled schnauzers in our life! We LOVE you Emma & Dash! ❤ ❤ ❤
Well that’s a wrap for this post! Wishing you all a fabulous weekend! TGFI! Have a great one! xoxo