It may be cliché, but I really do love fall. Always have and always will. Every year I get that ‘fall feeling’ that makes me feel all warm and cozy inside. Kind of funny I guess since we live in CA and don’t really get “fall” like they do in other parts of the country. As a kid I always loved fall, especially Halloween (it was BIG in our house and still is). When fall comes around each year I feel a little nostalgic. It reminds me of how much I loved this time of year when I was younger. There’s really nothing better than a crisp morning, one that requires your favorite sweater or hoodie and warm drink in hand. I love the smells of pumpkin, cinnamon and just the general yumminess that comes with fall baking. I love a crackling fire (sadly we just have an electric fireplace), but I can imagine the crackling right?! I also love getting the crockpot out and making our favorite meals and trying new recipes. There is something that’s just so wonderful about fall that makes me love every part of it.
I’ve never really done a bucket list on the blog before. We always do things each fall, but figured this year I would try it out. So here’s our Fall Bucket List 2017:
- Go to the farmers market for fall vegetables, fruits and flowers
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Decorate for fall/Halloween
- Carve pumpkins
- Read a book with a cozy blanket by the fire
- Bake a homemade pie
- Have a scary movie date night
- Try a new recipe in the slow cooker
- Watch Hocus Pocus (one of my favorite movies)
- Bake pumpkin chocolate chip bread
- Snuggle on the couch with the hubby and pups
- Wear dark nail polish and dress in layers (leggings, boots, sweaters and scarves)
- Take a walk outside in the crisp air
- Go to Disneyland to see all the Halloween decorations (both parks are decorated this year!)
- Listen to Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons – Fall. (I used to listen to this CD when I was little as I was going to bed…fell asleep almost instantly haha.)
- Take a trip/visit someplace that really embodies fall (I’m coming for you Colorado!)
What’s on your Fall Bucket List? Would love to get ideas to add to ours and for future lists! If you’re looking for ideas, I really, really love this list. I definitely want to add some of these to our list!
Thanks for reading and happy Monday!