Sorry it’s taken me all week to get this post up…it’s been a busy one.
Over the weekend and on Monday we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary! Yay! 10.02.17 ❤ ❤ Hope you caught Monday’s post about it.
On Saturday we decided to not only go to Disneyland but to also get SEASON PASSES!!!!! Ahhhh…YES! As you may know from this post and others, I love Halloween, but I’m also a huge Disney fan. We try to visit Disneyland as much as we can. One of the things on my fall bucket list (#14) was to see the Halloween decorations at Disneyland. Check!
This is the first year California Adventure has gotten into the Halloween spirit and decorated. Let me tell you, the decorations did not disappoint! The park was pretty crowded and since we knew we were getting passes we didn’t stress about going on all the rides. The main goal was to get passes and see all the Halloween decorations. Check out these sweet pictures below.
We also turned this trip and getting season passes into our anniversary/Christmas/both birthdays/every holiday you can think of presents! Ha Ha Ha. We even made a Disneyland COPPER penny to get that “copper” 7th anniversary theme in. 😉
Can’t wait to go back again soon!!! Yay for Disneyland and season passes!
For our actual anniversary, we decided to take the pups for a walk along the beach downtown and walk through Chase Palm Park where we got married seven years ago. It ended up being super sweet and rather romantic. We took a bunch of pictures and reminisced about our special day. There’s a fountain in the park that we got married in front of (well it used to be a fountain) so we sat down, took more pictures and ended up reading through our wedding vows. We both got pretty emotional when re-reading them. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever really re-read our vows and we certainly haven’t re-read them together. Awwww it was so very sweet. Seven years and we both still “I DO!” ❤
Like I mentioned before, since our first anniversary we’ve been following the “traditional” anniversary gifts. This has made each anniversary so much fun. The theme for this year was copper/wool (more details about that here). As usual, my husband went above and beyond but I think this year might take the cake (at least so far). My wonderful husband LEARNED TO KNIT and knit me not one, but two WOOL SCARVES! Now who does that?!?!?! MY HUSBAND…mic drop!
The funny part about all of this is that I typically go for the funny/joke side of whatever the theme is and Chris always goes for the more romantic/sentimental route. I’m trying to pick up my game and over the years I really have ;). But, the whole point was for this to be fun and for it to not be about the gifts. This is true; the gifts make it fun, but it’s still about US and honoring/celebrating our anniversary. ❤
In terms of gifts, here’s what we’ve done so far:
- Year 1 = Paper — I gave toilet paper (funny right?!). He gave me a leather bound journal with our wedding vows written throughout the pages. Chris wins.
- Year 2 = Cotton — I gave him cotton scented candles. He gave me “cotton lingerie” as in the Fruit of the Loom socks/underwear/socks from Target. Funny Chris, very funny. He still wins.
- Year 3 = Leather — I gave him a leather USC key chain. He gave me a handmade (from someone else) leather luggage tag and a leather bracelet with my favorite DMB quote engraved on it. Chris wins.
- Year 4 = Fruit/Flowers — I sent him a fruit bouquet and a bonsai plant (he requested no flowers). He gave me a Kate Spade flower necklace/earrings and an Alex & Ani lotus bracelet. I think Chris still wins.
- Year 5 = Wood — I gave him a “wood” cheese plate with a slate inlay with our names & wedding date engraved on it. He gave me/us a tree, a necklace with 5 interlocking rings for 5 years and a wooden card that said “I love you.” I think the playing field was a little more even this year…
- Year 6 = Candy/Iron — I gave him personalized M&M’s with our faces on them and a Parisian Love Lock & Key <3. He gave me a box of our favorite See’s candies and Kate Spade “knot” earrings to symbolize when we “tied the knot.” Man this guy kills me with his romance.
- Year 7= Copper/Wool — I gave him copper collar stays and a handmade wool bow tie. He gave me a penny from 2010 that says “I still Do” and learned to KNIT. And then of course he KNITTED me TWO scarves. I’m calling this one a TIE.
I know it’s not a competition on what we get each other for our anniversary, but I do feel incredibly lucky to have such a wonderfully romantic husband who loves and spoils me. Clearly I won the lottery with this guy! At the end of the day he knows I LOVE him more than anything and we have such funny stories from each anniversary. That wraps up our anniversary update.
Hope your week went well. It’s FINALLY Friday and the weekend is just hours away. Waaahooo. I’m excited because we’re headed to Colorado for a weeding! Enjoy friends