2.7.18 💕 🙏 💕
Today I have reached THREE YEARS of MEDITATING! That’s 1095 days in a row! WOW! You can catch up on my meditation journey starting with my first 100 days, 1000 days, year #1 and year #2. Today I’m reminded how thankful I am for my practice and for completing three years of meditation. Although I don’t do anything crazy, I still practice every day. In the end, I believe that’s all that really matters. It’s called a practice for a reason. Over the years I have learned:
- Awareness — As I meditate, I’ve become aware of the quantitative diversity of my thoughts. And that I have a lot of thoughts. For me it’s all about returning to my tranquil mind, or at least working on making it more tranquil. Through awareness is where I’ve learned to live more in the present moment. Often my thoughts wander and take me away from the synchronized beauty of the present moment, but by continuing to practicing awareness in my meditation, I am brought back to the here and now.
- Letting Go — This is something I am still very much working on today. By returning to my practice every day, I know I am practicing the act of letting go. Letting go of self judgment and self criticism is hard to do and a constant struggle for me. But in meditation, I’m learning to observe the flow of my thoughts, pleasant or painful and try not to get caught up in them…sometimes easier said than done. 😉
- Gentleness — Again something I need to continue to practice. I tend to be very hard on myself and I am always working on trying to be more gentle with myself. In a way, taking the time to sit and be with myself in silence has helped me practice kindness, compassion, love, patience, flexibility, and acceptance. Isn’t that what this is all about? I think so!
- Focus — Each time I return to my practice I really end up with single pointedness = going with the flow. Through meditation I have been able to focus my awareness where I want it to go and have developed my inner experience of being centered. Outside of my practice, I have become more skilled at focusing my energy on thoughts and actions that honor my true nature. Now don’t get me wrong, this doesn’t happen all of the time. I still struggle with being able to stay focused and “let go” of things I can’t control. However, my inner guide has been strengthened through my practice and I am developing more and more inner peace.
- Increased Spiritual Connection — My meditation practice I think has lead me to an increased spiritual attunement and to a greater understanding of my sixth sense (intuition). I’ve always considered myself to be intuitive, but by being more in tune with myself, my intuition has deepened and my connection with myself has grown. There is something really special that happens when you are in the flow of meditation.
- Reduced Stress — Although I still get stressed out (who doesn’t?) I feel like it sometimes is better managed because of my meditating. I also love that one of the apps I use (Stop, Breathe & Think) has specific meditations for stress, anxiety…you name it! They make it so easy with meditations focused on certain feelings/emotions/topics.
Friends, meditation does wonders. I truly feel I would be lost without it. By no means am I perfect, but coming back to my practice day after day allows me to continue to work on myself, gain a deeper understanding and connection with myself and enjoy all the many glorious benefits of meditation.
I LOVE these images and quotes below. ❤❤❤
“The goal of meditation isn’t to control your thoughts, it’s to stop letting them control you.” —Unknown
Meditation is by far the best gift I could ever give myself and one that I will continue to give myself. Through my practice I have gained so much more than I ever thought possible.
As I approach milestones like this, I reflect on my journey and give thanks and gratitude to the person who got me started on this beautiful journey in the first place. Cassie, I can’t thank you enough for what you have given me. Thank you for showing me the way and for being such a wonderful friend and mentor. I love you dearly! ❤
My mediation practice is incredibly important to me and something I will continue to always work on. This next year I hope to deepen my practice and keep working on myself. Over the last three years I have already experienced so many positive benefits from meditating, but I know there is always more to gain. Cheers to three years of practicing and to another year of connecting with myself and deepening my practice!
Thanks as always for reading. Namaste! 💕 🙏 💕