TGIF! This post is all about it being FRIDAY and all about FOOTBALL! The hubby and I are very excited for the long weekend AND that USC/college football is BACK!!!! Chris has been a USC football fan since the womb…litterally. When his mom was pregnant she was at a USC game and he’s been a fan through it all. Hehe
Chris is the one who introduced me to college football and to USC. Football in general wasn’t a huge thing in our house growing up and while at UCSB for college there were so many other things to do/going on that the fact there was no football team didn’t matter.
Today I thought I would post some fun memories of lots of USC football games to get in the spirit!
1. 1st USC experience: Rose Bowl 2008. Got to meet TRAVELER before the game, special BBQ access and had sweet seat thanks to Chris’ mom for the tickets! I believe we were at an LA NYE party the night before and it was pretty painful for me to get moving…Chris on the other hand was beyond excited for the game that he didn’t feel a thing. It took me a few hours, but I came around haha. Ended up having so much fun at my first USC game and at the Rose Bowl! Pretty good first introduction…USC WINS!
2. Graduate student at USC: Little did I know I would be attending USC as a graduate student in fall 2008. Here I am at my very first tailgate as a grad student. It was awesome seeing the entire university packed into campus on game day! Truly a very different college experience than at UCSB. The amount of crazy tailgating that goes on is just nuts! I have to say, getting to go to games as a students was a pretty nice perk too!
3. Homecoming 2008: Another fun tailgate for Homecoming! This was the day after Halloween and we had so much fun! Don’t you just love Chris’ outfit?! Perfect for being a Trojan fan!
4. Rose Bowl 2009: Chris’ mom got us tickets (again!) for the Rose Bowl as a Christmas gift! Not a bad way to ring in the new year! Sorta a tradition we started haha. Had awesome seats and time at the Rose Bowl game! Another WIN for USC!
5. USC vs. Oregon State 2009: Another fun filled tailgate with my favorite PASA ladies and a great game! Getting to sit so close AND get on the field was a major highlight of this game!
6. Homecoming 2009: 2nd year of grad school never prevented us from tailgating and going to games! I remember coming to campus super early on game days and doing grad school work in the library before heading to the tailgate/game. Fun times hahaha. P.S. I LOVE Traveler!!! He’s clearly the backbone of the entire team (j/k)!
7. The time I almost died of heat exhaustion 2014: Last year Chris and I got to go to USC’s opening game of the season. All I can say is that it was far toooooo HOT and I literally almost DIED! Chris was so worried that he would have to take me home and miss the game. Don’t worry I manned up and didn’t miss any of the action! My backup plan was to just find a classroom on campus and camp out until the game was over…luckily I didn’t have to do that. Chris’ mom is so sweet in getting us tickets to games! She knows how much her son LOVES USC and we are always so thankful!!! THANKS SHERRY! I have to admit, sitting in the 2nd row was AMAZING!!!! Other highlights included getting some pictures “with the Song Girls”, USC Psycho sitting just a few seats from us and Chris getting his picture taken with him, and me meeting MARQUEL from The Bachelor at the game!! That guy was seriously so cool and fun! Another awesome time at SC!
8. Rockin’ my USC TOMS: Getting excited about game day TOMORROW that I just HAD to hear these to work!
Gosh this post makes me sound like a crazy USC fan…oh wait, I guess I kind of am haha. All thanks to my hubby Chris for the introduction! If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be a big college football fan or have gone to school at USC. Thanks Tof!
Wishing you all a fabulous long WEEKEND and a wonderful Labor Day! We plan to spend the weekend watching the 1st USC game (of course) and just relaxing. That extra day is going to feel so good! Here’s to the weekend! Oh, and FIGHT ON! 🏈✌🏻💛❤️✌🏻️🏈